In my spare time, I enjoy hiking, cycling, and contemplating typefaces. It includes hundreds of demo sites that you can import, including lots of portfolio examples. All you need to do is customize the content and you’ll instantly have a professionally-designed portfolio website. One of the things you’ll notice is that the general aesthetic of portfolio websites changes depending on the niche.
Make sure that the portfolio contains works that you did for big companies so that the client gets to know your real worth. Many successful freelancers have used this tactic for the rapid growth of their business and gained positive results as well.
Graphic Designer Portfolio Examples
In such a cut-throat competition arena, having a perfect portfolio website helps in giving you a better edge over your competitors. The web development and designing industry is a highly competitive one where each one is trying to outdo the other. This is highly applicable for creative individuals who can actually display and present their work online. Not only this, a proper portfolio website for a WordPress developer also acts as his marketing and sales tool. With proper creation of the portfolio website, chances of getting hired for jobs to become higher.
- Only write a couple of short sentences and link to your About page.
- Olaolu is a Front-End Developer and UX engineer, and he has extensive experience as a developer.
- Depending on the WordPress theme you’re using, your pages will have a unique look.
- It’s a great way to establish credibility and show proof of your competence.
- In the middle of our list of top 20 web developer portfolio examples for inspiration is Matthew Williams’ website.
- You’ll find an overview of all plugins you’ve installed and activated under Plugins in the menu on the left.
- All of these can help reduce repeat questions from potential clients.
Then, when someone wants to visit your site, your hosting provider delivers the necessary files to be displayed in their web browser. Also, check a few reviews and make sure there are no hidden fees. On average, a domain name should cost you about $10–15 per year. All in all, you want to keep your domain name as simple as possible. If you can, you can incorporate your name or a relevant keyword into it, too. A domain name is whatever you type into your browser in the URL or web address field.
Freelance Writer/Copywriter Portfolio Examples
We’re on a mission to help small businesses grow online with affordable software products and the education you need to succeed. A pre-made WordPress theme can save you a ton of money in development time. Focusing on client requirements and highlighting your strengths in the WP development arena matter the most in this regard. The prospective clients should not have to search through menus and submenus to find out your email or phone number, for that matter.
Also, feel free to write a few key points about your best skills if you want to. After all, your potential freelance clients don’t want to read a resume.
Design Agency Pro
It’s simply a piece of software you can use to build and manage your websites more easily than building them from scratch. If you want to become a successful web developer, potential employers and clients need to be able to find you online. And hey, if you’ve never built a website before, don’t worry. We’ll start with the very basics like domain names, web hosts, and WordPress installations.
This portfolio focuses on deepening the emotional relationship consumers have with the brand. Web developers with a lot of content to fill their portfolios would find this portfolio useful for inspiration. Another web developer portfolio to draw inspiration from is Patrick David’s portfolio. David masters the art of combining his big and bold fonts with the strikethrough chic effect, making his one-page portfolio portray confidence and originality. This web dev portfolio has a blog page containing tech articles. Her web dev portfolio includes “cliffhangers” to her past web work and art projects. She’s done it irresistibly that almost every visitor would want to engage these buttons to view.
Apart from its uniqueness, the hand-drawn animations employed on their homepage are exceedingly impressive, luring visitors to continue unraveling the content on their website. Dries undoubtedly displays an expert level of design and development skills with his portfolio. His portfolio stood out for us because of the dynamic interactive effects it has on visitors, thanks to his appropriate use of animation and colors. Our editorial team at Astra is a group of experts led by the co-founder of Brainstorm Force, Sujay Pawar.
- Choose 4–10 of your best projects to make the gallery easy to skim through.
- Now just go and see how the form looks and adjust the design and layout if you want to.
- Make sure your theme has good ratings and a good, beginner-friendly documentation.
- You may cater to clients with e-commerce site development needs while other WP developers may focus on making celebrity websites or websites for financial entities.
- If you want to play it safe, I can recommend signing up with Bluehost.
- The colour combinations work really well, and the animations work seamlessly.
The portfolio structure is good, highlighting who he is and the work experience he has as a developer. Jhey’s portfolio contains a lot of information, but it has a pleasant feeling. Oluwadare is a Front-End Developer, and his portfolio page is one of the best-looking ones. His portfolio layout and design are really different from others and unique. Her portfolio is excellent in all aspects, and I particularly like the colour combinations. On her portfolio page, you can read more about Gift and her work experience. Then, to add an optimized page to showcase your work, you can pair Astra with the WP Portfolio plugin.